Police Remove Sheehan From Bush Speech

WASHINGTON Feb 1, 2006 — Cindy Sheehan finally got her invitation to see President Bush again, but before she set eyes on him at the State of the Union address, Capitol Police removed her from the gallery overlooking the House chamber.
The offense: her shirt, bearing an anti-war message and other "unlawful conduct," police said.

What the hell happened to the first amendment? And why isn't the media outraged by this? Why aren't the American people outraged by this?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmph... Seems to me that Miss Sheehan is less asking about her son and more pushing her politics.

Her son chose to join the military, he was not forced to go.
Did he think that he would get a free education without the possibility of combat? Hello, its the military! Maybe she should've bitched at her son before he joined and saved us from her belly-aching.
By the way, I'll stop calling you Miss Missy if you actually attempt to debate me!
Gary said…
I have noticed an increase in weird asshole postings in comments lately.

You can turn off anonymous comments in your settings but I think this may be Loki the trickster who came over to my blog to complain about you not debating him.

I had to tell my politician friend Janette not to directly respond via letters to the editor to a stupid conservative crank who is trying to pick a public fight. Arguments with a with a dumb jackass make both parties look stupid.
coffee & comedy said…
I think there was another lady (A Congressman's wife) who was also ejected because she was displaying some sort of material. I think the ejections were not politically motivated.

Popular Posts